Saturday, April 05, 2008

Very loud noise. Indeed.


So i wanted to change the tyres on the pink bike. I might want to ride it tomorrow, and the mythosII are not terribly good in corners. Whipped the front off pretty easily. With only 1 tyre lever actually, which is good for a tubeless compatible rim, and then fitted the Bontrager with none. That should have rung alarm bells. I suspect the wrestling match i had with it the first time around had maybe damaged the bead, because as i pumped it up, to 60psi in order to seat the bead, then detached the track pump head, the bead split and the tyre and tube exploded in my hand. Cue bruised fingers swelling second by second, and stunned bloke standing in the bike room with hands over ringing ears. Warning...

5 comments:

simondbarnes said...

Ouch! I'd have a SNPA or two to help your recover.

Rich said...

I think that would deserve more than one or two :)

trio said...

That sounds painful!

martysavalas said...

klutz.

alice b. toeclips said...

I noticed the familiar logo of sierra nevada pale ale
there..does that get shipped over 2 U or did you haul it back yrselves from CA?

Cool Ones To Newcastle