Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Curvey

As you can see, another picture of a gracefuly curved ti frame 29er has appeared on the blog. This is not just some form of voyeurism. I am sort of planning a new bike. It will be ti and 29 inch wheels and that is just about all I know for sure. Most probably it will have disc brakes, which will most probably be Avid BB7 so I can service easily (I stress the I...) and I can use the Paul component's Brake levers I dearly love. See www.paulcomp.com for some f i n e parts...

The one thing I can guarantee is it will not utilise the Mary bars from On One...Not my thing at all...

"So why do you need another bike?"(says the Devil, as he reclines languidly on my shoulder). Yes....um. That one does need some thought doesn't it... I think the 'need' can be replaced by 'want' and then it all starts to become clear. I like to think of it as a journey. I may never reach the end of it, but one ought to gather as much experience as one can along the way. If I arrive, I'll know it...

Talking of which..Someone once said (and it may have been Aldous Huxley, or it may not) :
"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."

Exactly.

No comments: