Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Limits

Now recovered after the Selkirk Merida. I am beginning to wonder whether there is a place for a 100 mile race in the UK now. There are so many people who compete at 100 km and are really racing hard, that there must be the pool of riders capable of doing a 100 mile race. They are pretty popular in the States. Maybe I'll look into it myself. I have been wondering about doing something since the dust settled on the naegears/singlespeed euros. We'll see.

Today's coffee recommendation:Singletrack Deadline Blend from Hill & Valley. Nice a wee bit nutty and dark.

5 comments:

Alex said...

Great idea! Saves on the flight to Leadville...although getting to Scotland might be just as tricky :-)

If you do decide to go ahead with it, drop me a line as I / Solitude would love to help and be involved.

Alex

Anonymous said...

hell yes.

know any good 50 mile A to Bs?

let's get it on.

Anonymous said...

I know a guy who reckons he has a 48 mile point to point route in Wales that doesn't cross a single road...

I'm sure it's possible. The thing with the US ones is that they're all above 8,000ft! The Cascade Creampuff is three 33mile laps, which doesn't sound too bad...

dRjON said...

right.

heads will be locked together.

i cant imagine a 2 or 3 loop, or an out and back on a 50miler being too much of an issue, except it would be highlands. hence weather and general tough guyness increases.

we'll see.

Anonymous said...

beinn a ghlo is a 47km loop. 3x that, plus an alleycat round blair atholl?