Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Little things...




















I fitted these to the roshambo today. Also some oury lock on grips and some new cleats to the ?3 year old sidi's (I will have to get around to discussing some of the parts I have settled upon for their longevity and function in crappy conditions over a long time...sidi's will be near the top of the list). The bar ends are off set further inwards to mitigate the effects of bars with more sweep. Full report to come...

There is something deeply satisfying about getting all the little bits working smoothly on the bike. Working with the hands is often satisfying, but there is more. On that nth climb when I am buggered, if everything works well and is quiet, I'll be a happy bunny. Well, a happier than I could be bunny.

Interestingly, after reading another blog (http://g-tedproductions.blogspot.com/, or it might have been http://roguemechanic.typepad.com/roguemechanic/), I followed advice and put the time cleats in snugly but without reefing the bolts. It seems as though there is no need, as a little corrosion and settling will keep the bolts in place. We'll see.

5 comments:

Nick said...

hmm, bar ends.

Been meaning to get some of these for mayhem

dRjON said...

those are totty! think its after using the jones...just nice to have other hand positions...

Anonymous said...

can highly recommend the cane creek ergo things. not pleasant looking, but great if you're used to riding on the hoods on a road bike.

Anonymous said...

those Ergon grips with the built in bar neds look useful also, I reckon I'll try a pair of them at Mayhem

Anonymous said...

thats was me BTW